September 27, 2011 7 Comments
Ready to head to work so I threw my coffee mug in the microwave for a quick 60 second heater like I do every morning before I dump it in a travel mug.
Grab the keys, wallet, reach for the warmed coffee and… AIEEEEEEEE!
The pain was so intense that my morning-brain just went into a “WTF! WTF? WTF! WTF?” loop.
I grab a pot holder and dump it in my travel mug and despite the 1000° surface temp of the mug, the coffee was still cold.
The burn was so bad, it went immediately past the blister to second degree territory.
We have several of these style mugs and use them daily, yet this had never happened before. I checked the bottom of several of the other mugs and there were no warnings about microwave use on any of them.
Once the scorched mug had cooled, I turned it over and…
No. No it’s not. !@#$